January 29, 2010

OPTIMISM!

January is always a very hopeful month for me because not only does it herald the new year, but it also contains my birthday. Both events encourage me to give pause, to think about last year, assess my current state, and plan for next year. I have some very definite goals for the coming year.

1. Move to Colorado. Husband and I are starting (trying) to save for this momentous occasion. There are several variables, such as jobs, housing, and what the heck are we going to do with the cats?! However, all things considered, I believe we are moving towards it steadily.

2. Develop and publish my own yarncrafting designs. I have several in the works and hope to open an etsy store soon. I will keep you updated.

3. Blog once a week. Include pictures, yarn reviews, knitting book reviews, and updates on current projects. Also, avoid the use of the word "failure" in any future post.

I read once that the best way to achieve your goals is to make them measurable and put them in writing. I feel as if those are measurable enough and the upside to blogging about my goals is not only are they in writing, but I also have my readership (all two people) to keep me accountable.

So, here goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I used to do with my goals was to tape them to my bathroom mirror. That way, I would read them every morning as I was getting ready for the day. Then, as I was getting ready for bed, I would read them and reflect on what I did during the day to try to reach my goals. It is kinda dorky, but it really works well.

Jin-roh said...

The wealthiest/most successful of the world put their goals into writing and read one non fiction book a month.

I am glad you are writing your goals. I want to see you happy, successful, and thriving in both marriage and finance in the rockies someday.